At work I’m are engaged in the maintenance and development of a pretty big legacy monolithic application. Some time ago team size basically doubled. To keep things simple and activate more people we decided that we need to split the huge team into smaller more focused parties. Here is how we are working on many features of the same code base in single monolith with multiple teams.
It all started on Friday, like many of the bad things that can happen in software ;) We’ve been working for some time and after being blocked with deployments for a long time (don’t ask, you don’t want to know ;)) we were finally able to deploy a new version. Our last release was about week ago. Do the deployment - seems like the easy thing to do. I’ve triggered deploy plan on Jenkins and it’s failed. Here is the story how I’ve fixed something that looked like hours of analysis in few minutes.